LEARNHomeowner Flood Insurance: Basic Facts
- Only 1% of homeowners outside of the Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA) have flood insurance, but submit more than 20% of NFIP claims.
- 50% of homeowners may be uninsured or underinsured.
In March of 2017, the National Conversation Flood Resilience Dialogue held its first in-person engagement of the year, the Homeowner Flood Insurance Roundtable . A diverse group of industry stakeholders, academic experts, and DHS S&T and FEMA officials met to identify tools, R&D investments, and data solutions to help meet the Flood Apex’s program objective of reducing losses.
JOIN THE CONVERSATIONWe want to hear from you…
- What data and technology solutions would you like to see to help you understand your flood risk?
- As a homeowner, what do you need to make an informed decision about purchasing flood insurance?
- What R&D investments should S&T prioritize to encourage more homeowners to purchase flood insurance?
Just click on the “Submit a Post” button at the top of the screen to provide your feedback!