LEARNInfrastructure Risk Reduction: Basic Facts
- There are 500,000 bridges in the U.S. that cross water, and 9% of those are structurally deficient and subject to increased flood damage.
- Deteriorating infrastructure across the country, especially storm water and transportation facilities, are vulnerable to flood hazards.
In October of 2017, the National Conversation Flood Resilience Dialogue will hold its third and final in-person engagement of the year, the Infrastructure Risk Reduction Roundtable, working with critical infrastructure practitioners and local federal agency officials to identify innovative, affordable solutions for making our nation’s infrastructure more resilient to flood disasters.
JOIN THE CONVERSATIONWe want to hear from you…
- What technology solutions could help local, state, and federal officials make our nation’s infrastructure more resilient to flood disasters?
- What types of data would improve decisions made by infrastructure owners and operators?
- How can storm water and transportation officials use technology to mitigate risk?
Just click on the “Submit a Post” button at the top of the screen to provide your feedback!